On the Create League page you will be asked to enter your League Name, League Type (public or private), Owner Restriction and enter your draft preferences which include:
- Draft Type - Auction Draft, Live Online "Snake" Draft or Autopick Draft.
- Draft Date - Select from the available dates in the pulldown menu or the calendar function.
- Draft Time - Select from the available time slots (hour / minute). Note if a particular time slot you're looking for is not available that means all the slots are already taken. Often leagues change their draft time or are deleted which opens up available slots.
Make sure all your settings are entered correctly because after they are submitted they can only be changed with a league vote (via the League Referenda).
PUBLIC / PRIVATE LEAGUES
As league creator you have the option to make your league public or private.
- Public - Public league creators and team owners can send their league URLs out in email (or post them on a message board) to have non-members view them. In public leagues some pages (such as the list of team owners and the league message boards) are not viewable, but the main League Office, Standings, and Team pages are viewable.
- Private - If you set your league as "Private" a password box will appear and you must enter a password of at least four (4) characters. Only the league creator can give out the league password and/or send invites to join their private league.
Note: Both Public and Private leagues appear in the League Directory.
New to ESPN Fantasy Football is the ability to create Champion and Insider leagues. These leagues use the standard settings the only difference is which members have access to join them.
- Champion LeaguesCCan only be created (and joined) by winners of one or more ESPN Standard league from the previous season.
- Insider LeaguesICan only be created (and joined) by members who are currently subscribed to ESPN Insider.
NOTE: There will be no leaderboards for these two league types.
MAKE YOUR LEAGUE PUBLIC
If you can not fill your standard private league you have the option to set the league as public. Doing this will change access to it from private to public and can be joined via the League Directory.
INVITE OPTIONS TO JOIN A PRIVATE LEAGUE
Commissioners can access the invite page by clicking on the "Members" link from the league home page. You've now got two options to send out the invitations:
- League Password - You can copy/paste the LeagueID and password and post it on a message board , blog, chat or via your personal email. Anyone who views this can join on a first-come first-serve basis until the league is full.
- Email Invite -The great thing about utilizing email invites is that each recipient gets a unique link through which they can join your league. That way only your commish can designate who gets invited and who doesn't. Invites can be sent out by entering each email address into the "New Invitations" textbox.