THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY ONLY WITHIN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND FOREIGN TERRITORIES). U.S. LAW GOVERNS THIS PROMOTION.
- ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. ESPN Fantasy Baseball 2013 (the "Promotion") is open only to registered members of ESPN.com, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry. All eligible entrants may play for free in standard and custom "Free Leagues." Eligible entrants who are eighteen (18) years of age or older may (i) play for free in standard and custom "Free Leagues" and (ii) pay an entry fee to play in "Prize-Eligible Leagues." IF YOU RESIDE IN AN INELIGIBLE STATE, YOU ARE PERMITTED TO MAKE A PURCHASE AND PLAY IN A PRIZE-ELIGIBLE LEAGUE, BUT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN ANY PRIZES LISTED HEREIN. THE INELIGIBLE STATES ARE: ARIZONA, IOWA, LOUISIANA, MONTANA, NORTH DAKOTA, TENNESSEE, VERMONT AND WASHINGTON STATE. Employees of (i) Sponsor (defined in Section 3), Promoters (defined in Section 3) or their respective affiliates, and (ii) any entity directly connected with the development, implementation or marketing of this Promotion, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household members of each such employee are not eligible. This Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
- ACCEPT OFFICIAL RULES. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (the "Official Rules") and to Sponsor's decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor in regards to all matters of this Promotion are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- SPONSOR; PROMOTERS. This Promotion is sponsored by ESPN/ESPN Internet Ventures (the "Sponsor"). To the extent any advertisers are associated with the Promotion, each such advertiser shall be deemed a "Promoter" for purposes of these Official Rules.
- ENTRY PAGE. To access the Promotion, log-on to Fantasy Baseball Frontpage (http://games.espn.go.com/frontpage/baseball).
- ESPN.COM REGISTRATION. To play the Promotion, you must be a registered member of ESPN.com (or one of Sponsor's affiliated websites, e.g., ABC.com, ABCNews.com, DisneyOnline.com and Family.com). Registration is free.
- Not yet a Member. You may register by clicking on the applicable link on the entry page for the Promotion, and following the instructions. You will be asked to provide your e-mail address, name, birth date, gender, and country of residence and to select a username and password. You will also be asked if you wish to receive promotional emails or offers. You do not need to consent to receive these emails or offers in order to become a member. Even if you consent, you may subsequently opt-out of receiving such emails or offers by clicking on the "myESPN" link on any ESPN.com Fantasy Game page, then clicking on the Member Services link, then clicking on the Newsletters link and following the instructions.
- Already a Member. If you are already a member (or if you are a member of one of the Sponsor's affiliated websites), then you do not need to register again. You may enter the Promotion by logging in on ESPN.com with your current username and password.
- Survey Questions or Promotional Email. You may be asked to answer survey questions or to consent to receive promotional emails or offers. This is optional. You are not required to answer questions or to give consent to receive such emails or offers in order to be eligible to play in the Promotion.
- Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. Sponsor, Promoters and other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
- TIMING. Registration for the promotion begins on Tuesday, February 5, 2013. Play-in games, should there be any scheduled beyond that date, are not included as part of Promotion, and statistics will not apply towards fantasy league standings in any format. The deadline to join the Promotion's full season game is 7:00 pm on March 31, 2013. The final draft day for Promotion will be March 31, 2013. Teams must be drafted by Sunday, March 31, 2013 at 7:00 pm Eastern Time in order to qualify for full season overall prizes and Uber eligibility. Scoring begins with the first regular season game on Sunday, March 31, 2013 and ends on September 30, 2013 (the "Promotion Period"). For purposes of these Official Rules all times are Eastern Time. ("ET").
- HOW TO ENTER.
- Enter Online. Log on to Fantasy Baseball Front page during the Promotion Period.
- Free Standard Leagues; Prize Eligible Leagues - There is no entry fee required to participate in the Promotion. However, to compete for prizes you will need to purchase a team in a prize-eligible league. The pricing is as follows:
Offer Start Date End Date Price One Team 2/5/2013 9/30/2013 $24.95 Three Pack 2/5/2013 9/30/2013 $49.95 Five Pack 2/5/2013 9/30/2013 $69.95
- More than one (1) entry is allowed per Fantasy Baseball account, provided that you don't own more than one (1) team in a single league, as described in the rules under Fair Play and Conduct.
- Mechanics of entry. Only entries received online in accordance with these Official Rules will be accepted. No other forms of entry - fax, mail, email, phone or other - will be accepted.
- Void. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- Change of Email Address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor during the Promotion Period if his or her e-mail address changes. To do so, click on the "myESPN" link on any ESPN.com fantasy game page, then click on the Member Services link then the Account Information link and follow the instructions.
- Entry Errors.
- Neither Sponsor nor Promoter is responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
- Neither Sponsor nor Promoter is responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Promotion, including without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
- No Return of Entries; Disputes. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder, i.e., natural person, of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification. Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address and/or password associated with the winning entry.
- Entrants may cancel their team and receive a full refund of any fees up until the time their team is drafted. Once a team is drafted, no refunds will be given unless technical failures significantly disrupt normal game play. Sponsor agrees that it will terminate entrant's account upon notice from entrant.
- HOW TO PLAY. See the Game's Rules for a full rundown.
- PRIZES. Winners will be determined on or about Sunday, September 30, 2013. To be eligible for prizes, teams must be in a Prize-Eligible Fantasy Baseball league. IF YOU RESIDE IN AN INELIGIBLE STATE, YOU ARE PERMITTED TO MAKE A PURCHASE AND PLAY IN A PRIZE-ELIGIBLE LEAGUE, BUT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN ANY PRIZES LISTED HERIN. THE INELIGIBLE STATES ARE: ARIZONA, IOWA, LOUISIANA, MONTANA, NORTH DAKOTA, TENNESSEE, VERMONT, AND WASHINGTON STATE. Total ARV for all prizes: $6,000.00
- OVERALL PRIZES
i) OVERALL ROTISSERIE PRIZE ELIGIBLE LEAGUE PRIZES: The team that has the highest overall adjusted score in Rotisserie Prize-Eligible Fantasy Baseball leagues will be the Rotisserie Grand Prize winner. The team that has the second highest overall adjusted score in Rotisserie Prize-Eligible Fantasy Baseball leagues will be the second place prize winner.
(a) Rotisserie Grand Prize (1): Winner will receive a Best Buy gift card valued at $2,000. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $2,000.00).
(b) Rotisserie 2nd Place (1): Winner will receive a Best Buy gift card valued at $1,000. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $1,000.00).
ii) OVERALL HEAD-TO-HEAD PRIZE ELIGIBLE LEAGUE PRIZES:The team that has the highest full season overall adjusted score in Head to Head Prize-Eligible Fantasy Baseball leagues AND wins his/her league championship at the end of the fantasy playoffs will be the Grand Prize winner. The team that has the second highest full season overall adjusted score in Head to Head Prize-Eligible Fantasy Baseball leagues AND wins his/her league championship at the end of the fantasy playoffs will be the second place prize winner.
(a) Head-to-Head Grand Prize (1): Winner will receive a Best Buy gift card valued at $2,000. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $2,000.00).
(b) Head-to-Head 2nd Place (1): Winner will receive a Best Buy gift card valued at $1,000. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $1,000.00).
Prizes awarded in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card can only be used for purchases at Best Buy retail locations or online at www.bestbuy.com. Other restrictions may apply.
- LEAGUE PRIZES: To be eligible for League Winner prizes, teams must be in a Prize-Eligible league. The top overall team ranked the highest in its fantasy baseball league at the end of the season will receive 100 Winner's Circle points. (ARV: $15 per League Winner).
- Tie. In the event of a tie, a team's league points will be carried out to as many decimal places as necessary to determine a winner.
- Odds. Odds of winning prizes depend on the total number of eligible entries received and the relative U.S. professional baseball knowledge of all entrants.
- Collusion. All teams contending for overall prizes will be inspected by the league office for collusion. The commissioner reserves the right to remove teams at their discretion from the leaderboard and award prizes to the next highest winner.
- Substitution. No cash or other prize substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion due to prize unavailability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of comparable value or greater value. THE WINNER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL TAXES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.
- Prize Delivery. Overall Prize Winners should allow up to 6-8 weeks after they return their signed, notarized affidavit to receive their prize. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within fourteen (14) days after being sent will be forfeited. League Winners should allow 6-12 weeks from the conclusion of the Promotion Period to receive their prize.
- No Warranty. Entrants acknowledge that Sponsor and Promoter and its or their respective agencies or related companies have not made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality. The only warranty for any prize is the standard limited written warranty from the prize's manufacturer, if any, which may be included with, and applicable to, the prize. All teams contending for overall prizes will be inspected by the league office for collusion. The commissioner reserves the right to remove teams at their discretion from the leaderboard and award prizes to the next highest winner.
- POTENTIAL WINNERS.
- Verification. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIBIGILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
- "Prize Notice" via Email or Mail. Potential winners will be notified via email (or overnight mail) sent within fifteen (15) business days following the end of the Promotion Period. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all mailing and e-mail information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Alternate Potential Winners; Disqualification. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected (i.e., the next highest scorer) if (i) he/she does not comply with these rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within five (5) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, or (iii) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prize (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at its sole discretion).
- Releases and Affidavits. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice.
- Release. By participating in this Promotion or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Promoter, and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their company's officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Promotion (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize.
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in this Promotion constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and Promoter's, and its or their agents' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION.
- Conduct. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Promotion and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an entrant who, in Sponsor's sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Promotion if, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Promotion, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared). In the event that the U.S. professional baseball season is postponed, terminated early, or cancelled for any reason (such as a strike or lockout), Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on scores at the time the season is disrupted, or to cancel, modify or suspend the Promotion at its discretion.
- Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination the entrant who has accumulated the highest point total (and who wins any pending tiebreakers) at the time of any said action will be awarded the prizes, or the prizes will be awarded in such other manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
- GAMBLING PROHIBITION. This Promotion is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Promotion or prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Promotion; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Promotion; (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Promotion, access to, copying or downloading materials from ESPN.com or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW. Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York county, New York state, i.e., Manhattan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, "Special Damages"), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. New York law, without reference to New York's choice of law rules, governs the Promotion and all aspects related thereto.
- OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS. For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address below. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the Promotion (i.e., by October 28, 2013). Residents of Vermont may omit return postage.
ESPN Fantasy Baseball
c/o ESPN Internet Ventures Marketing Department
56 West 66th Street
New York, NY 10023
- ADDRESS; COPYRIGHT. Sponsor is responsible for the Promotion and awarding of prizes. Sponsor's address is 56 West 66th Street, New York, NY 10023. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright © 2013 ESPN Internet Ventures.