Thanks for your interest in Pigskin Pick'em. This year's game has ended.
Please check out the latest ESPN fantasy games on the Fantasy Game Front Page
Pigskin Pick'em: Make every pick count
By Joe Kaiser
Football season is here. If that doesn't get you excited, this probably isn't the game for you. But if you're pumped for the NFL and ready to show that you can pick winners with the best of them, you've come to the right place.
The Pats and Seahawks look like teams to beat again this season.
The objective of this game is simple: pick the winner of each NFL game throughout the 17-week season, whether by picking against the point spread or straight up (no point spread). The most correct picks over the course of the season, in each format (spread and non-spread), wins a great prize.
Whether you join a league that uses the point spread or one that doesn't is entirely up to you. We recommend inviting a group of people (friends, family, co-workers) to join your group, and letting them vote on whether to implement the spread.
Which is the better option?
- Picking winners with no spread is definitely the easier game, but keep in mind that lopsided games can end up being uninteresting. That's especially true if there are many big favorites in a given week. Often times, these games are decided by halftime.
- Picking against the point spread is more challenging, as every game becomes more of a coin flip. In these games, even if a heavily favored team has a big lead the point spread may remain in doubt until the final seconds. Need help with your Week 1 Picks against the spread? ESPN Chalk's Dave Tuley has you covered (Insider)
You make the call! Good luck with your picks in 2015!
And if you're looking for more help in making your picks, we've got all sorts of tools at your disposal:
- NFL PickCenter : ESPN Insiders can look at two different simulation models to get an idea of how every NFL game will play out each week.
- NFL Expert Picks: See our experts' picks for each game each week.
- NFL Nation predictions: Our NFL Nation reports predict the games they'll be covering each week.
- NFL Power Rankings: Who are the best teams in the league? Consult the power rankings, a weekly poll of some of the best writers in the business.
- ESPN Chalk: Comprehensive betting coverage, including best bets for every NFL game.